What you will learn:
The ITIL® Foundation Certificate is a three-day course. Delegates will gain a comprehensive grounding in the aspects of ITIL® service management. Delegates will prepare for and sit the one-hour, multiple-choice ITIL® Foundation certificate in service management exam.
The course consists of short lectures, exercises, discussions, examination technique training, and mock examinations. It culminates in an invigilated exam on the third day.
Effective and formal IT Service Management gives an organization a clear view of its IT capabilities. It will give the IT department a clear understanding of the customer’s needs, drivers, and motivation. The IT Service Management disciplines match the needs of the customer to with the capability of the services being offered.
ITIL is a professional approach to the provision of IT services. In the ITIL world measurement and monitoring are critical. Focusing on the needs of the business and measuring the performance of the services offered, reviewing and improving on a continual basis.
Critical among the Service Management disciplines is Availability Management. If services are not available then they are not a service. Service support and delivery disciplines work together to deliver agreed levels of service availability to our customers.
Delivery of service availability to meet customer needs benefits the whole organization. This improves customer satisfaction and the motivation of staff involved in service provision.
Professional IT Service Management disciplines deliver improved quality of service to customers enabling the business to reduce costs, increase revenues, and so increase profit.
This course leads to the ITIL® Foundation level certification. The Foundation qualification is a pre-requisite for the ITIL Intermediate examinations.
The ITIL Foundation examination is a closed-book, 60 minute, 40 multiple-choice question paper. The pass mark is 65% (26 marks required to pass out of 40 available).
The target groups of the ITIL® Foundation Certificate are:
- Individuals who need a basic understanding of the refreshed ITIL® framework and how to use it to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals who are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL®, who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement program.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, nor is there any pre-course preparation required. Evening work is not necessary, though it may benefit delegates to read and check notes. This should take no longer than an hour each evening, although we encourage further self-study.
Course Learning Objectives
- To provide a basic understanding of the ITIL framework
- To understand how to use ITIL to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- To enable comprehension and/or awareness of key areas of the 5 ITIL core books:
- Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement
- To prepare to sit the ITIL Foundation Exam
If you are interested in scheduling a private ITIL class, please use this contact form: